Catering & Event Planning
The Art of the Celebration
Whether you are planning a romantic dinner for two or a wedding reception for 200, Sontes can coordinate every detail of your special celebration. Every occasion is unique and Sontes believes that every celebration should be too. Our experienced event planners will take the time to understand your vision for your event and will then make that vision a reality. From food and beverages, to decor and ambience, we can make your dreams a reality. Our event and catering services are available at Sontes, the Rochester Art Center, other venues of your choice or in your home.
Learn more about planning the perfect celebration on our blog
To create a celebration that's as unique as you are, call Karen or Tessa at 507.292.1628.
That's right, it's paella in your own backyard! Team up with us this summer for a new twist on the backyard barbecue. Our paella parties bring a Spanish flair to your gathering--and best of all, we do all the work! You provide the yard, we provide the rest, from a giant paella pan and burner, to ingredients, to the chef! We'll even make and serve traditional Spanish accompaniments and sangria if you wish. Wouldn't this make a great, laid back wedding reception or graduation party?
Menus and set-up are customized for your taste, space, and number of guests. For more information or to book your party, e-mail Karen or Tessa or call 507.292.1628. Two weeks' advance notice is required.
Let this be a paella summer!
Off-site & entire-restaurant events only
Sontes specializes in seasonal and locally grown foods. Menu items and pricing are based on availability and market rates. Customized estimates available upon request.
These are only suggestions. If there is something you would like please ask.
Buffet Appetizers -
Platters & Plates
with a selection of cured meats, mustard and accompaniments
House smoked troll caught king salmon or house cured troll-caught king salmon lox with cream cheese, chive, hard cooked egg and red onion
- Salumeria Biellese (NY, NY)
- cured Mangalitsa guancille (pork jowl)
- herbed lardo
- spicy coppa cola
- Genoa style salami
- Columbus fennel salami
Selection of cheese from the cellar with accompaniments e.g. Rolf Beeler jersey blue, Monte Enebro and Manchego with house made jam, local white walnut, single sourced honey, candied green walnuts and sliced apple.
House made cocas (Spanish style flatbread pizza) with seasonal toppings e.g. Four cheese and roasted garlic coca, braised oxtail with foraged mushrooms and rosemary coca or smoked eggplant, sundried tomato and basil.
with seasonal aioli (can be made vegetarian)
Assortment of traditional and untraditional Japanese maki rolls with wasabi, pickled baby ginger and soy for those who need it
- California roll fresh crab avocado and cucumber
- Kappa Maki or cucumber roll with Japanese mayo and wasabi
- Tuna roll or spicy tuna roll with tobiko
- BBQ eel roll
- Smoked ABC duck and local plumb maki
- Yuzu cured local trout and green apple-horseradish maki
- Hoi sin braised pork belly and tomagoyaki (Japanese omelet) maki
with Rolf Beeler gruyere cheese Au jus sphere and grated local horseradish
with El Jeffe's preacher's tongue BBQ sauce on our house made mini buns
Baskets & Bowls
with whipped herbed and sea salt compound butter
with olive oil and herbed garlic dipping sauce
with a seasonal stuffing e.g. Chorizo and sun dried apricot stuffed empanadas with avocado mousse
with seasonal aioli (in house only)
with House cured Tasso ham and black pepper
stuffed with pork, shrimp and ginger with sweet soy glaze
served with Goat horn and Peppara pepper relish and grilled bread
with house made pita and pita chips
on our house made French baguette with seasonal toppings:
- Oregon's Own Fruit Lady's sun dried Comice pear and Amish blue cheese
- Heirloom tomato, sweet basil and fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese
- Roasted fall foraged mushrooms, garlic and herb
- Single sourced cannellini bean and rosemary spread with shaved 993 parmesan cheese
- Au Bon Canard seared duck foie grass with seasonal accompaniments
- Gazpacho red or white (vegetarian)
- Blue prawn and calamari ceviche with lime-salt rimmed glass, chili and citrus salsa
- Tunisian spiced single sourced chick pea soup and avocado mousse (vegetarian)
- Fresh Oregon Bay shrimp cocktail with lemon sorbet, cocktail sauce
- Fresh Pacific oysters with Tabasco gastrique and gremolata
- Traditional spanokapita stuffed with spinach and feta cheese
- French grilled artichoke and preserved lemons
- Tart green apples, blue cheese and candied pecans
- Local pears, walnuts and Stickney Hills goat cheese
Mille fuille brick pastry cones
- Fresh Pacific troll caught King salmon tar-tar with local horseradish and lemon cream fresh
- Pacific sashimi grade Ahi tuna poke with sweet soy glaze and pickled cucumber salad
- Poached Florida fresh rock shrimp with a citrus and chili relish
- Grilled Indonesian spiced local lamb with pickled cucumber, onion and pepper salad
- Local all natural raw beef tar-tar with hen egg and Ethiopian beriberi spice blend on teft flour cracker
- House cured troll king salmon lox with salmon rillet and paddlefish caviar on black pepper cracker
- Seared all natural local beef medallions topped with ciopollini onion jam on house made rosemary crackers
- Single sourced spiced chickpea puree topped with sumac and cucumber, onion and tomato salsa on cumin scented crackers (vegetarian)
Rice flour crackers may be substituted for our gluten free diners
with house made vinegar and oil
of traditional hearts of romaine lettuce with house made focacia croutons and Spanish white anchovies and 993 Parmesan cheese
Caesar dressing and cured lox focacia crouton and shaved 993 Parmesan cheese
in lemon-shallot dressing with croutons and Amish blue cheese candied pecans
with house cured bacon, tomato and blue cheese crumbles local cooked hen egg
- Add cheese shaved 993 Parmesan, Stickney hills goat cheese, Amish blue or upgrade to a seasonal blue like Rolf Beeler's jersey blue or Chantal Plaisse
local beets dressed in Condamella apple vinegar, beet leather, blue cheese, candied walnut and powdered olive oil
- Caprese salad or Panzenella salad
with pine nut jam, watermelon and Stickney-Hills goat cheese
with olive dressing, pine nut and preserved lemon
with pickled ciopollini onions and slivered almonds
with pistachio nuts and poached blue prawns
Entrees may be ordered ala cart or accompanied with seasonal starch and vegetables
Local grass feed organic beef entrees
of boneless beef with fresh grated horseradish and au jus. With salt roasted local potatoes and black pepper sautéed Brussel sprouts.
finished with red wine demi glace. Served with roasted garlic milled local potatoes and caramelized baby carrots topped with ciopollini onion jam and truffle salt.
served over red wine paella finished with fresh herbs.
Braised local beef short ribs with petite vegetables served with local potatoes in rich red wine Bordelaise sauce.
Seasonal fish & shellfish entrees
with wasabi-mashed potatoes grilled pineapple salsa and sweet soy glaze.
with thyme braised beluga lentils with shaved fennel and tart green apple salad.
with curried local squash puree and pickled pepper relish.
pan roasted with Maine hard shell lobster sauce and hand rolled tortellini stuffed with seasonal wild mushrooms.
over saffron braised bomba rice with sweet peppers and spicy Spanish chorizo sausage.
Paella party entree
Traditional bomba rice sautéed with an assortment of traditional and non-traditional items to your liking
- calamari sautéed with garlic and onion in squid ink
organic free range chicken marinated in Spanish paprika with sweet peppers and saffron.
Seasonal vegetarian entrees
with pine nuts and sun dried fruit served over Mathatari hand rolled cous-cous.
stuffed with faro risotto, tart apples and Stickney Hills goat cheese.
sautéed with carnarolli rice and roasted rosemary mushroom stock with 993 Parmesan cheese.
all made from scratch in house
with caramel sauce toasted meringue cocoa nibs and spiced almonds
with spiced coconut cream anglaise and caramelized finger bananas with peanut brittle
with raspberry coulis with single sourced hazelnuts and vanilla ice cream